Friday, May 05, 2006

The Carnival of the Couture, May 8

It is the Clothesaholic's privilege to host the Carnivale of the Couture for the week of May 8, 2006. My theme is -- Clothes on Film! What movie, TV show or video featured clothes that made an impression on you? What movie, TV or video wardrobe did you try to emulate? How many times did you dress up as Emma Peel (or for the mens, John Steed) at Halloween, and if not, why not? 'Fess up, I know you have at least one vest a la Annie Hall, or torn sweat-shirt a la Flashdance, stuffed back there in your Closet of Shame.

The movie still is from the awkwardly re-titled film "In the Mood for Love." The elegant cheongsams worn by Maggie Cheung are mentioned in every review of the film, and rightly so. Each dress admirably reflected the the theme of the movie -- sexuality restrained. Watching "In the Mood for Love" made me regret having recently sold my cheongsam on ebay, even though it never fit me quite right since I bear no resemblance in any way to a willowy Asian beauty. But heck, I can dream, can't I? And that's exactly the point.

Please sent your links to me at double_m_one(AT)sbcglobal.net. I'll try to get them posted by noon PT on Monday.