Friday, November 10, 2006

Holiday gold

Check out that gold brocade dress at Dandelion Vintage (scroll down). The bodice has a zig-zag edge that I find playful and absolutely enchanting. It would look fabulous worn with a crinoline. Alas, it's on the small side (32 inch bust) but it's a great price.

For something completely different but oh so elegant, check out the geometric black dress, also from Dandelion Vintage (scroll down agaon). Hmmn, I may be entering a peplum period. But I love the idea of a narrow dress bumped up a notch with an interesting detail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say that I like the black dress more so then the gold one. But that's just me. The black one has a simplistic elegance to it. I do think however, that gold accessories would be ideal with it, and very festive for this time of year!

Gidget Bananas said...

The gold dress and the black dress are kind of yin & yang, aren't they? The exuberant and the restrained, or however you'd want to put it.