Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Las Vegas wedding dilema solved -- right quick!


Well, that was unexpectedly easy. I posted my tale of shopping woe, then I went browsing at e-bay and found this beauty. With a matching coat, no less! I do lurve the whole idea of the evening coat, and I always think of such coats when I see celebrities shivering on the red carpet (even Los Angeles isn't that warm in February, folks). Then I point and laugh at all those skinny beeyotches who sacrificed comfort to advertise a designer-donated dress. Of course, I don't think I'll be needing the coat in Las Vegas in June; the temperature is already hitting the 90s there.

Anyhoo, this dress meets all my criteria -- it's shapely, structured, not too revealing (actually, I would have loved three-quarter sleeves, but one can't have everything) but not at all Church Lady, a wedding-friendly color (this seasons' dresses are all in white, black or brown; very chic but not really festive), and not too expensive, especially not for two pieces. I think instead of wearing a necklace I'll pin dress-clips on the corners of the sweetheart neckline. Or maybe I'll break out the three-strand pearls, and really work the lady thing. Whatever, me happy.

3 comments:

Shopaholic D said...

wow! great find! it looks like it's in great condition...not to mention, you won't have to worry about anyone else wearing the same dress! ;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous color! I love it.

Gidget Bananas said...

Thanks! I can't wait to get it!