Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes. Just peachy -- with a dash of pink.

According to Yahoo OMG, my predictions for worst dresses were pretty accurate, although Yahoo's dress watchers liked Halle Berry's long-line bra dress, which looks even worse in close-up than it does in the picture I posted originally.  Check out the Yahoo ratings here.

In other news, there were a lot of blush beauties (and a few blush uglies -- oh Julianne!) among the gowns:


Natalie Portman in Victor and Rolf.  The Yahoo-ettes didn't like this look; I loved it, especially that red, red rose.

Vanessa Williams.  The captions say this is pink; looks white to me.  Damn, I'm tired of the Wilma Flintstone one-shouldered look.

Naya Rivera in Badgely-Mishka.  Even with the tortured bosom, she looks better than she did at the 2010 Emmy's, where she went flamenco-goes-to-the-prom. 

Megan Fox in Armani Prive.  Gossips say that Megan wants to be taken seriously, which explains the lady-like look.  Frankly, I liked her better when she was all T & A.  Check out her shoes -- totally crippling and totally hawt!

Rhea Durham in Michael Kors.  A shade darker would have been better.

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive.  Some sites call her dress bronze, looks pink to me.  But forget the color -- look at the shoulders.  Nooooooooo!!!!

Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta, looking just like I thought she'd look, except in pink.  Wake me up when she's over.

Clare Danes in Burberry.  She was named best dressed last year for a sparkley nude strapless number; I like this dress better.  Color on a blonde girl is always a good thing.

Emma Stone in Calvin Klein Collection.  This minamalist look was one of my favorite dresses of the evening, especially because of the cut-down-to-there back.  Go Emma, whoever the heck you are.

No comments: